Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Twas the night before the primary...

I visited Lee Whitnum's campaign headquarters last night in an attempt to score some schwag for my growing collection.
Well, it took me a little while to locate the office, but at about 8:15pm I did arrive at 457 East Main Street. (B'port has two main streets, FYI.)

What did I encounter? A bustle of activity? Well, not quite. In fact there wasn't anyone home.

Perhaps everyone was out knocking on doors? Putting up signs for election day? In a secret meeting drafting the details of Lee Whitnum's victory speech?

Peeking inside, this is what I found:

An empty room, except for two folding tables and one chair. No desks, no maps, no phones, no Lee Whitnum, and no volunteers. And sadly no schwag....

2 comments:

CT Bob said...

Talk about a picture being worth a 1000 words! That office is as dead as Lee's chances!

Connecticut Man1 said...

LOL! The entire campaign was just an empty shell for an empty suited GOP shill.